Logo

Cobra linkage question

Beringc

I’m prepping to put in a new drive. With all the finicky parts needing to work perfectly together, I noticed my cables for the two remote stations are not exactly parallel at the engine bracket. Anyone think this is an issue? No binding, they both are smooth and light effort. I could swap the bolt and make them exactly line up parallel if needed. The boat is new to me and the outdrive was not working when I got it. So I don’t know if the cables had caused any previous issues.

59DA7C59-8ECF-409D-9CB5-71BFC2EBEE75.jpeg

I dont see a problem in the photo.... as long as the stroke length is correct, and the levers at the helms are centered in neutral, there wont be a problem...

it is critical that the lower unit shift cable be set correctly FIRST, because if it isnt, the control cables can be set correctly..... and on the cobra drives, if the shift cables arent all timed correctly, it can cause serious and expensive problems at the dog clutch.... and when out of adjustment, the shift interrupter may not function as is needed to get it to shift smoothly out of gear.

I dont see a problem in the photo.... as long as the stroke length is correct, and the levers at the helms are centered in neutral, there wont be a problem...

it is critical that the lower unit shift cable be set correctly FIRST, because if it isnt, the control cables can be set correctly..... and on the cobra drives, if the shift cables arent all timed correctly, it can cause serious and expensive problems at the dog clutch.... and when out of adjustment, the shift interrupter may not function as is needed to get it to shift smoothly out of gear.

Thanks for the reply.

I bought the tools and I’m running through the process to make sure everything is aligned. I’ll pull the drive next week and hopefully everything will work!

Back