Logo

Mariner 9.9 (10HP) 4t (209cc) - SN year?

3d0

Hi,

I spent 2h on Google searching how to decode serial number for Mercury. Going to buy a used 4t engine which should be 2-3y old and probably bought in BE/NL but no idea how to confirm that using SN+model. I was only able to found it in public Mercury parts catalog - but no info about production year.

I saw on this forum you can somehow get that information - is there a public decoder somewhere or just some of you have an access to internal database (employees, service support)?

Model: 1F10201HA
SN: 0R729335

Can you help please or share a website when I can check it myself?

Without access to a Mercury dealer website any longer it's a bit harder to give an exact date on any engine year past 2006 on the outboard side of the spectrum.

So the follow info may be right on or way off because of the 2006 listing....Either it's a 2006 engine year or something newer... This site suggests it's a 2006 in accordance with the model number, https://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/10750.cfm?mdl=WF11UG

But then again because merc stopped using engine year guidance in 2006, it may suggest it's actually a 2006 model year or something newer...But no matter the year, The parts link above is the correct parts catalog to use as a guide if ever needed for parts.

Being a newer engine there ought to be a white sticker on the serial number tag that has the date/year the engine was truly made...Should be in the area where the 2016 example below is,

merc-outboard-serial-number.PNG

serial-number.png

Maybe try having the seller send you a photo of the sticker?

Hope this helps some, good luck.

Back