Logo

Aq150

Alcan

I own an Alcan 370 with twin AQ150 v6 engines. From what I understand they are of Buick origin odd fire? Had them both started but require new fuel pumps which I can't seem to source. Original owner had a new M4512 fuel pump but it is automotive and has no line to the carb should the pump fail. Looking for a solution as I give up trying to find a pump that doesn't seem to exist. Old pump numbers are worn too much to read.

I own an Alcan 370 with twin AQ150 v6 engines.
I am not aware of Volvo Penta using the Buick V-6 odd fire engine. I just looked, and it is not listed.
Is it possible that Alcan did this on their own and used the V/P stern drive behind them?

From what I understand they are of Buick origin odd fire? Had them both started but require new fuel pumps which I can't seem to source. Original owner had a new M4512 fuel pump but it is automotive and has no line to the carb should the pump fail.
That line is for protection against a fuel pump's diaphragm burst.
Should the diaphragm burst, the excess fuel is directed into the carburetor's throat.

Looking for a solution as I give up trying to find a pump that doesn't seem to exist. Old pump numbers are worn too much to read.

If sourcing fuel pumps is your only issue, why not convert to Carter electric fuel pumps?

Back