Logo

Help finding Honda Water pump kit

Phytoplankton

Having one heck of a time finding a water pump kit for an older Honda BF9.9A. The serial number plate on the exhaust leg is missing, I have the number stamped on the engine block, they're BABE 1200804. Those are the only numbers I can find on the motor. Here's the issue, I need a new impeller, two gaskets, the plate, and an O-Ring that goes outside the seal that the drive shaft fits through, and the seal itself. All the ones I can find for that model show a key way, this impeller doesn't have a key way, the shaft has a flat side on it and the impeller has a flat side and just slides over the drive shaft. I've even looked at parts for an 8hp, thinking maybe someone changed the lower unit but they don't match either. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

You might want to look at the early 10 horse pump. The 9.9 and 10hp are essentially the same outboard I believe. They were badged differently so that they could be used on "under 10hp" lakes.

Although, I'm not 100% sure all parts will interchange. I know the early 10 had no impeller key.

It's all I can think of to have you try.

Good luck.

Back