Logo

routine maintenance

Hi All,
So I used to have my boat serviced when I kept it at a marina. I've since had more time and like 2 blocks from our local boat ramp so decided to keep it at home. Its a 2010 bowrider with a mercruiser 3.0, alpha 1 gen2 outdrive. I'm very mechanically inclined and have decided to do as much work on the boat as I can. WHat type of maintenance should I be doing on the boat besides winterizing, start up, battery maintenance and tune ups ?

I dont know much about what needs to be greased and other stuff I am forgetting...
Any help would be much appreciated!!

This is such a great site!!

Mike

My boats configuration is the standard sun lounger/sofa/bucket seat arrangement. The first thing that aided me in working on it is to learn to take my boat apart to gain access. Second, learn how to remove your outdrive. Pretty simple really. Put in forward gear, remove trim rams from the rear, 6 bolts, slides right out. Once removed you can access the health of the system. Inspect u joints, check alignment, feel the gimbal bearing, any signs of water, remove remnants of exhaust shutters, etc.. As previously stated get a manual or just download online. My 2 cents.

Back