Logo

1986 yamaha prov 150

Yamahadude

so i made a post a few years back about my bass boat i purchased with a 86 prov 150. The boat would never plan out i "cleaned the carbs" boat did the same thing just plow along and never plan out. But finally gave up and got back to it after a year or so due to baby coming aboard in the family. But after ordering a rebuild kit come to find out the carbs were missing parts and the gasket were toast and corroded. so i rebuilt the carbs new fuel lines, fuel pumps. The boat planned out within a few seconds. All though i did notice it cut out a few times but would clear back up. i imagine maybe gas from being left in the tank or plugs. Will replace plugs and go from there. My main question is what should the mixture screws be set to i cant seem to find a valid post for it. Should starboard and port side be the same or different? They are all currently set to 1 1/2 turns out. Seems to idle alright but i would prefer better sometimes it will stall at idle but fires back up.

Not sure if anybody else with this motor has had this issue but the top butterflies for the choke that pivot completely snapped off. yes i got them out luckily and didnt mess anything up. So technically i guess i have half choke cause the 2 on the button of each carb are still in place because they are solid and dont move until choke is activated. So boat is a pain in the a** to get started. Anybody else seen this happen and tips to get it started cold?

Back