Logo

BF150 Trouble Code Help 1 long flash and 4 short flashes then repeats.

Wierd cold start issue. I have 2 bf150s, after sitting for a while, my port motor wants attempts to fire up but dies and throws engine code. 1 blast ever 1 second seems like.
Does this two or 3 times before the port engine will run fine and light doesnt come back on. After that it acts like nothing ever happened. I have about 200 hours, on a 2019 bf150. Any ideas?? I dont pump the primer bulb to either engine even after sitting for some time. Starboard engine has no issues.

When I plugged in the diagnostic plug, and I get 1 long flash and 4 short flashes then repeats.
I have the video on the Honda Outboard motors FB group.

Does anyone know if the trouble codes for a bf200-250 is the same as the bf150s? I'm trying to find an BF150 service manual as a pdf but no luck so far.

Jeff Wasielak the iac screen looked fine, gasket seems good to. I was able to get the engine light to come on again after a quick restart of engine. But then turned it off and on again no issue or light. I lied it only has 53 hours on the motors. I thought i had way more.
I have a question though is the trouble codes the same for all engines?

No, they are not all the same. Your engine should be under warranty. The IAC will be faulty if it's doing what you say it is.

Back