Logo

Hard time finding out information on engine.

cshanno199

Hello,

I am new to this whole boat scene, mainly I am familiar with cars and diesels. So I am kinda out of my element. I recently purchased an old skeeter bass boat. It has a Johnson 115 on the back, I am trying to find parts for it but the model number doesn't match any Johnson motor. The model #115ETL76G and the serial #J4581697. When I look up those numbers on any boat part websites nothing shows up. No sure if maybe this id is incorrect or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Untitled-1.jpg

Your motor is a 1976 model 115 HP-----There is nothing special about it.----Do a complete evaluation of this motor before spending any money on parts.----Do yourself a favour and post the compression test numbers here.------What parts are you looking for at this time ?

Looked it up for a 1976 model EVINRUDE 115 HP model .----Be the same motor.----Every body seems to start off with rebuilding the carburetors.-----That has me puzzled to say the least.----Your location ?

Hello all, I am trying to find out a little more about my engine. According to papers from bill of sale. I have a 1995 Johnson 88 hp. The model number does not come up in any Johnson manuals that I am finding on internet. I am trying to do some work on it for chugging when advancing throttle. The data plate says it’s a J88TSLEOC. No where can I find that. I see the sleo’s all over and am wondering if the “c” is a batch or something?

I have a little trouble believing it’s a 1988 year model when the boat it’s on is a 1994 alumacraft. Not sure a motor would sit around for almost ten years before being put on a vessel. I did have it into a shop last year and the compressions were between 105-115. Would have to look up paperwork.

I know better that to post in a hurry.----It is a 1995 model.----The EO indicates the year.-----Some will argue , but the compression numbers are a concern.-----Remove bypass covers to inspect pistons / rings.----There are 4 covers.---Six small bolts on each cover.----Will cost you 4 new gaskets at $2.00 each.----You will learn a whole lot by doing this simple inspection.

Back