Logo

Stacking fwc crusader exhaust gaskets

Jeff0101

Where does the single top whole gasket go. From what I understand it goes above the riser before the coolant gets sent to the heat exchanger.
I will try to post some pictures and maybe someone can say which is right.

Pictures and more info would be very helpful.

Just for clarification and to keep us all on the same page........ you will have exhaust manifolds, possibly risers/spacers above them, and exhaust elbows on top.
You will also have either a Half Closed Cooling system, or a Full Closed Cooling system.
Let us know what system you have.

Last edited:
This assumes you have one of the styles of exhaust hardware like those in the attached picture. The single hole gasket goes in the joint between the riser's outlet and the elbow's inlet. In other words, it goes at the highest point of the exhaust system. The idea is to fill the riser with raw water, forcing it through the highest section of the exhaust hardware. Otherwise, the raw water will take the path of least resistance leaving an air bubble at the high point of the system.

Crusader cooling.jpg

specifics would help to be positive definite.

As a general rule, the single hole gasket is used at the elbow-to-riser joint when raw cooling water flows thru it....you can use either gasket with a blockoff plate...and the three hole gaskets are used where coolant flows between the joint.

In all cases, using the factory style gaskets, the tabs go up....

Im not sure why, but i cant post any pictures. Thanks mako thats what i needed. They are the raw water side. Ric i have the fwc log style manifolds. After the manifold i have 4" riser then blockoff. The raw water dumps in at the highest point just behind the blockooff. So i dont have any need for the single im assuming.
Thanks

Back