Logo

blank panel with alarms

robin chapman

hi guys.
i have been lucky enough to have read other threads in the past to fault find problems with my honda bf200's. but now i am a little stuck and could do with your guys vast knowledge if possible please.
i run a pair of bf200's on my charter boat in the uk, generally with very little issues.
the issue i seem to have at the minute is that at various revs my green light that lights when the engine is running starts to flicker and then go out as the alarm sounds, leaving a blank screen on my key panel . i can alter the revs a little and stop the flickering for a while then it happens again, if i miss the flicker the engine goes in to limp mode and the alarm sounds. other issues i have had in the past show a management light or maybe a temp light but this just goes blank. yesterday i gave the boat a run across the bay and at 3400 it started to flash then shut down to limp mode with a constant alarm. i then re started the engine and ran up to 5500 with no issue until i throttled down and the alarm and blank panel showed at about 3900.
is this something you guys have delt with in the past. i would very much appreciate some advice if at all possible please.
thanks.

I would suggest you have low oil pressure, possible thrust washer failure or more. Best to check oil pressure with a mechanical gauge first.

Back