Logo

Trying to identify the year of a 45hp Mariner

Sargent52

I recently picked up a pontoon boat with a 45hp Mariner. It runs good at this time. I have been trying to identify the year of manufacture so that I can get the correct service manual for it. The serial number is OH999210. Apparently Mercury quit publishing dates of manufacture with serial numbers in the 1990's. Can someone help me identify the year of manufacture? Thanks Bill

Can't help you with an exact year but believe they only built that model in 1996/97 and 98.

A merc dealer can plug in the number and give you the production year and model number if you give one a call.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your educated guess is a lot better than my WAG. Boat motors are new to me, so I am starting the learning phase. I work on old cars and am comfortable with that mechanical piece. I will see if I can find a Merc Dealer in the area that may be able to nail the production year down

What area do you live in? Lake Constance (Bodensee) area by chance?

Or is this a Jet propulsion outboard maybe?

Do you by chance have a up close photo of the serial number handy?

I could be wrong on this one but I'm not recalling seeing Merc/mariner using an outboard serial number that had an 'H" in their serial number coding.

Back