Logo

Oil Pressure

Hi all, I have a 1981 Bayliner Mutiny with a Volvo-Penta AQ145A engine. The outdrive is a 280.
Anyway, my question for you all is when at idle, the oil pressure is half way. When I’m on the throttle, she jumps up to 80psi. I figured it’s normal since I’m on the throttle but can someone correct me if I’m wrong? Also, I’m interested in changing the oil pressure sensor, can someone provide location info for the sensor? Pictures will also assist if available.

Hi all, I have a 1981 Bayliner Mutiny with a Volvo-Penta AQ145A engine. The outdrive is a 280.
Anyway, my question for you all is when at idle, the oil pressure is half way. When I’m on the throttle, she jumps up to 80psi. I figured it’s normal since I’m on the throttle but can someone correct me if I’m wrong? Also, I’m interested in changing the oil pressure sensor, can someone provide location info for the sensor? Pictures will also assist if available.

Part number 35 on the diagram.

I'd pull it and put an oil pressure tester on the port, see what you get compared to the gauge.

7011.jpg

Back