Logo

Game fisher 5hp

CeeWill

Hey guys. Recently had a boat and engine given to me by my grandfather. I got it going and running yesterday. The problem looks like he lost the cap to the gear shifter(totally assuming). The exhaust is coming out of this hole and it’s also spitting some water out of it.

my question would be, if I cap that, will they come out of the correct spots do you think? Or should I not cap it at this point?

Thanks for all your help.

IMG-3304.jpg
Here is what I’m referring to.

Last edited:
That's just an access hole into the leg to get at the shift rod assembly.

Capping it will not make water/exhaust come out of the (correct spot) - they should be doing that anyhow. Water and exhaust "naturally" exists in the leg of the motor and will get out anywhere that it can.

Putting on a cap might protect the (connection/bolt) from the elements, but serves no mechanical/operational function.

That's just an access hole into the leg to get at the shift rod assembly.

Capping it will not make water/exhaust come out of the (correct spot) - they should be doing that anyhow. Water and exhaust "naturally" exists in the leg of the motor and will get out anywhere that it can.

Putting on a cap might protect the (connection/bolt) from the elements, but serves no mechanical/operational function.

Interesting. Okay, so there is probably another issue then if its not coming out in correct spot. Any recommendations? I really appreciate your response.

There is a Gamefisher section under the "other outboard manufacturers" section below. Probably better posted there. It cant hurt to temporarily cap it with a stainless hose clamp to see what happens.

Back