Logo

,Now i'm embarrassed, 1969 Chrysler HP, M#10573, S#2418

larry58v

i took some photo's of my 69 Chrysler 105 HP engine with the cover off, then i removed the old fuel and vacuum hoses. Went to the local NAPA and secured 5 feet of each 1/4 vacuum, 5/16 fuel and 3/8 fuel along with new clamps for all. Today I was outside and i dropped my phone from my shirt pocket, guess who now has a black and cracked phone screen with no access to his photo's.
Does anyone have a diagram or photo of a Chrysler HP twin carburetor motor so that I can put all my new lines on the correct fittings?, I see that some are reasonably easy and intuitive, but I am an old fart and as I have messed this up this bad, I would not like to make it worse.
Also, does anyone know why someone would cut the blue and white Electrical lines on the side of the engine?, I see they have been cut off just below the flywheel so that they won't touch anything. I think that these are the lines that should be connected to the coil system to give RPM data to the dashboard if I read the electrical system diagram correctly.
Thanks for all the help you have been giving me as i try to bring this old unit back up to its original condition. My wife thinks I should just have bought a running unit, but I was on my senior trip as it were in 69 so I want this for me, myself and I kind of a 50 year therapy for a retired guy.
thanks again

I don't.
Get the screen replaced and the pics will be back.
Ask over on the competitioniboats.
They have a repair forum like this one.
Ask there, lots of good guys helping on there.

Last edited:
You have a 2 stage fuel pump meaning its operated by 2 pistons ,the pump has got 2 valves in the vacuum from one piston will open one valve then pressure from the other piston will close the other valve then its just the other way around pressure on the one piston will close the valve and vacuum on the other piston will open the valve . your vacuum line come from your inlet manifold and go to the nipple on the fuel re-circulation cover the pressure line comes from your block the nipple is near one of the reed inlet covers and go to the fuel pump its a short black pipe . best i can do for you ive got no photo or drawing from a 1969 the wiring i do not want to comment unless i have a model no.

Back