Logo

Chrysler 105 HP, WB main jet numbers

larry58v

I am in the process of going though the carbs on my 105 HP, I have found a set of main jets that were dropped in the case when someone did a carburetor job long before I bought this a month ago. In the WB carbs on the engine i have found a pair of .088 main jets, the old ones I found in the case (looking for a half moon clip - oops) are .080. I wonder which I should run in this engine, I understand that elevation has a lot to do with jetting, and my base elevation here in Nampa Idaho is 2500 feet. I want to use this boat mostly in the 2k to 4k foot elevation range but I will possibly go to Portland Ore where I have family and its at 150 foot or so. Which set do you recommend that I put back in?, the 80 or the 88's.
Thank you by the way for all the help people have given me on this web site, your amazing. I know that your also kind of a captive audience at this time but your amazing anyway. Stay safe and keep on being alive and well.
Larry :)

Always include the model, serial# and year when asking questions???

One of your last post said it was a 69 so I'll use that info.
Finding info about something that old can be tricky!!!
I'll do what I can.

The bigger the jet the lower the elevation.
That's what I find with the info I could dig up.

Just leave in the parts that were there??

There are 3 carbs used on the 105 hp ,WB24B ,WB25B ,WB44B, Jet sizes .060 , .078 , .084 , .080 , .086 there may be others sizes i don't know of the WB24B uses mainly .080 , .084 , .086

The part#s WB24B / WB25B
They are basically the same carb, the only difference is in the type of fuel inlet.
The top carb has an L shape inlet.
The middle/ bottom has a T type.
The type of throttle connectors can change the part# too.

To test jets:
Install the desired jets, new plugs, get the motor running as good as you can, idle performance won't be affected unless the
jets are really wrong.
Main jet, test.
Go for a run at wide open and maintain for 5-6 min.
Watch the temps on the cyl. head as it can get real hot with the wrong jets.

After 5-6 min at wide open, reach up and turn the key off.
Don't throttle back or pull out of gear.
Just shut it off.

Then pull the plugs and check burn on the plugs.
Wrong jets will show hot burn/maybe white??

While you at it you should also check the Fuel recirculation system clogged filters and gaps in those very small reed valves will also cause poor performance.

I can't find a parts diagram for his motor.
His recirc system could be the direct dump overboard or the one with the screens.

Post closeup pics of all the sides of the motor, paying close attention to the area under the fuel pump.

Back