Logo

OMG!!! This drain plug issue...

Oxbow26

So I attempted to drain my oil for changing since the guy that rebuilt the motor (4.3l) didn’t install the dipstick tube etc. after removing the drain plug I find that it is larger thread with a coarse pitch compared to the 1/2-20 of the banjo bolt assembly on the dipstick. So now I need to determine the right part numbers for a dipstick banjo bolt etc that uses this larger coarse thread. Does anyone have any clue what I’m dealing with here? I’m at my wits end with this one... 🤬
db852cc0-629a-4cbe-843a-21a23d96e17c

since the guy that rebuilt the motor (4.3l) didn’t install the dipstick tube etc.

Ayuh,...... As you've discovered, he took out an SAE motor, 'n dropped in a newer Metric motor,......

He should have swapped the oil pans, before installin' the motor,..... which even now will probably be the easiest fix,.....

Well is there any reason I can’t install an automotive dipstick tube on this? I mean I have no issue pulling the boat out of the water for each oil change etc

I mean my only reason for even going through this issue is because I hate not being able to tell the level or condition of the oil before I start the boat so if I can install an automobile type dipstick in it I’d be satisfied.

Well is there any reason I can’t install an automotive dipstick tube on this? I mean I have no issue pulling the boat out of the water for each oil change etc

Ayuh,.... It don't go to the bottom of the base, so removin' the oil becomes a real problem,.....
And,.....
It won't clear the exhaust manifolds,.....

Back