Logo

2008 Honda BF150 - Won't start alarm buzzes continuously what's that mean?

sb001

I've tried searching online and in forums to find out what my issue may be and no where in the manual does it tell me what a continuous alarm means. I have one green light and second light is a solid red. This happened while out fishing on my first day of the season and while i had some old fuel from the winter I added about 20 gal. of new fuel and the old fuel had stabilizer added and run through motor before winter. Motor was running fine and then in idle I think the alarm went then motor stopped or motor may have just stopped. When i went to start it the alarm began to ring continuously. Engine turns over strong just sounds like its not firing as though the emergency clip is pulled but its fine and the alarm must be trying to tell me something else?

I've disconnected everything to the batteries other than the main motor and it shows a solid 12V. I've also put the charger on it and tried to start it with same results. I've emptied all the filter canisters in case there was contamination, Blown through them to ensure they're not blocked and can get gas to flow through all the way to the fuel pump when I disconnect the fuel line along the way and pump to gas line. The gas was pressurized in the line when I disconnected the line. Could it be the fuel pump? How would I test that? To me it all made sense from what i read that the fuel injectors (probably wrong term) requires at least 10.6V but doesn't appear to be a battery issue.

Also checked oil level is good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Are both the temp and oil lights on without the engine running?

I've only got the two lights on the dash at the key and it doesn't state what the two lights are for. Light on the left is solid green. Light on right is solid red. From memory that light right light is always off until now with alarm buzzing.

There is no quick answer, ideally you should run a diagnostic check if you have access to one.It could be a damaged harness, faulty sensor going to ground, faulty ECM, possibilities are endless.Do you not have a check engine and battery warning light?

Back