Logo

Honda BF90A hose

Brian4591

Contributing Member
I got it used. on the air box for the Carbs. At the bottom is a small hose that is not conected to anything. In the front of the motor in the middle is a metal tube sticking out that looks like a hose should be connected but nothing is on it. Is it to be connected to the the bottom of the air box.

I'm having trouble cutting and pasting links to this site or, otherwise, I would send you a parts page from boats.net

As it is I will just have to say that you can pull up the diagram for:

TIMING BELT COVER + MOUNT CASE under the 90hp on boats.net.

Item 14 is a hose that appears to connect to a nipple at the case.

I'm not sure if this answers your question but thought I would point it out in case it's what you're looking for.

I will say that the bottom of the air box SHOULD have a drain of some kind to keep it from filling with condensate from oil vapors due to the crankcase being vented there. But I am not familiar with the 90A having never worked on one.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Yes I have seen that too but not the right area plus those I believe are water hoses. This one is much smaller and have not found any diagram for it. Later today I will try to get a picture of the two I am talking about. I do believe that the hose on the bottom of air box is for drainage but seems weird.

Yes, pictures might ring a bell for someone that has seen the parts. Make sure you get at least one close-up and one long shot of nipple and highlight the part in the long view if you can.

There are definitely more people here reading your thread and the more information you can provide could make it easier for someone to help you. I'll keep looking too.

Good luck.

Good photos!
But I hope others here can help you because I don't know that I can. I am fairly sure that the nipple has been asked about and discussed here not so long ago. But I don't recall the details about why it is there.

I do think that the vinyl hose is a drain. It could be a common drain for the carbs but I don't know for sure.

Anyone else??
Ian?
chawk_man?

I have a 1997 BF90. I looked at mine and there is a 8 inch piece of clear tubing attached to the nipple you are pointing at. The tubing is open at the end and looks to be a vent? I did not see the other tube on my engine.

Back