Logo

surge break issue

jackd

Contributing Member
I have a ranger 17. 5 ft with surge breaks. The locked up the other year. I replaced the line and calipers. Last year they locked up when was getting ready to take out. I cut the break line. Up front. Now I want to replace the front slider part with 2 pins going through. This way the whole systems new and will be free from issues. Question is how to fix it right. I can’t post picture .the square inside slides in and has 2 pins

Last edited:
Now I want to replace the front slider part with 2 pins going through. This way the whole systems new and will be free from issues. Question is how to fix it right. I can’t post picture .the square inside slides in and has 2 pins

Ayuh,...... Change the whole coupler/ master-cylinder assembly,.....

2 yrs ago on way home the breaks were smoking and locked up. I replaced the breaks , calipers all the hoses to the point it connects to the hose that runs up front. Well it lasted all year the next year. When I tried to take the boat out the breaks were locked up. I cut the hose up front at the surge part. Looks like the emergency break cable may have got tangled. So now I’m finishing the breaks . It will be new from front to back. I got the front surge part off just need to figure out how to finish the job.online it’s called the inner member slide.

Last edited:
Back