Logo

so the Verado is fried......What parts can I sell and how much to ask

wheel10

Like I had kind of thought going into the transaction, my 2016 300 verado is bad on the boat I bought.&nbsp; I know very little about these motors and was hoping to get a little advice on what I can get some money out of and what I can ask for them.&nbsp; The motor has 191 hours on it.&nbsp; Here are the major parts that I thought would be worth something<br><br>2016 300 PRO<br>PCM<br>Supercharger<br>Tilt and trim assembly<br>engine cowl (couple scratches)<br>side cowls<br>rear cowls<br>cranshaft housing<br><br>If any one could help me put a price to them or let me know if I missed anything I would greatly appreciate it.&nbsp; Not an easy time to be buying a new outboard right now and need everything I can squeeze out of it.&nbsp; Thanks much in advance

Yes the engine failed leak test and we were able to attain the record from mercury about the issue. Warped head. It was already missing the lower unit so I'm not entertaining rebuilding it. I have a neighbor that has a 2006 I6 200 Verado that he would sell me. I know he takes very good care of his stuff and am thining about grabbing it from him, sending it to simon for a 300 HP flash. I have a question about rigging. With my pro 300 rigging, power steering, active trim that the boat currently has, what will be needed to mount an older verado on it? Basically plug and play or is it a bunch of screwing around?

Yes the engine failed leak test and we were able to attain the record from mercury about the issue. Warped head. It was already missing the lower unit so I'm not entertaining rebuilding it. I have a neighbor that has a 2006 I6 200 Verado that he would sell me. I know he takes very good care of his stuff and am thining about grabbing it from him, sending it to simon for a 300 HP flash. I have a question about rigging. With my pro 300 rigging, power steering, active trim that the boat currently has, what will be needed to mount an older verado on it? Basically plug and play or is it a bunch of screwing around?

You will have to do a Lever adapt at least. You need the factory G3 software for this.

You will have to do a Lever adapt at least. You need the factory G3 software for this.

Thanks for all the help Chris. Unfortunately I don't speak outboard very well. Is the lever adapt a bid deal (cost and labor) or not a deal breaker? Is the "lever adapt" mechanical or just a ECU map? Thanks again.

Mike

I hadn’t seen the post about the complete engine for 5k. I also would be interested in that. I was quoted 11k for a rebuild

thanks

Thanks for all the help Chris. Unfortunately I don't speak outboard very well. Is the lever adapt a bid deal (cost and labor) or not a deal breaker? Is the "lever adapt" mechanical or just a ECU map? Thanks again.

Mike
Lever Adapt is when the Remote control is synced up with the command modules and the PCM for shift and throttle control.
Dealer only. If everything is hooked up and ready to go... a 10-15 minute job....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remanufact...oard-Gen-1-Powerhead-200-275-hp-/192291366177

Crowley has them for around 5600.00

Give my your serial number and I will get you a Mercury price tomorrow.

1-8M0124365 RM L6 GEN5 VERADO
This is a genuine Mercury Marine factory OEM part, not aftermarket
Please check our current stock level and order below or use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page for any questions

Manufacturer: Mercury Marine
Availability: Not in stock - Transfer from factory

Manufacturer part number: 8M0124365

Pickup or normally ships: Warehouse transfer - on 2nd-6th business day

MSRP: $6,300.00
Web Price: $5,859.00

Back