Logo

Missing Electrical Remote Connection

My boat has a Nissan RC4 remote. I recently upgraded my outboard to a 2012 Tohatsu 3AC(MFS30B). I and my mechanic tried unsuccessfully to find the remote electrical plug under the cowl to fit the RC4.
Will I need to take the leads from the button starter switch and install bullet connectors. Is there a 'optional' harness (that hooks up to where?)
thanks everyone in advance.

You have the wrong RC box. In Nissan, you need an RC9B (3AFQ843300) for NSF30B w/PTT. You can also use the Tohatsu RC5A for PTT or RC5B if no PTT needed. What did the RC4 connect to before? What cabling comes from it?

You have the wrong RC box. In Nissan, you need an RC9B (3AFQ843300) for NSF30B w/PTT. You can also use the Tohatsu RC5A for PTT or RC5B if no PTT needed. What did the RC4 connect to before? What cabling comes from it?

It was previously connected to an NSFA25, so other than having to buy a new remote there is no way to 'jump' the connections to the newer motor?
thanks

Whip out your Factory service manual (available from any dealer, including me), and use it as a guide to match up the individual colors in your harness with those on the motor. If you had a control for the NSF25A (carbed), it should work with the MFS30B (EFI), assuming you bought a Remote engine, and not a tiller type. If you have a tiller type motor, you will need to add quite a few parts to convert to Remote. You can DL your owners manual from tohatsu.com.
002-21050-8_FIG22.jpg

Last edited:
Whip out your Factory service manual (available from any dealer, including me), and use it as a guide to match up the individual colors in your harness with those on the motor. If you had a control for the NSF25A (carbed), it should work with the MFS30B (EFI), assuming you bought a Remote engine, and not a tiller type. If you have a tiller type motor, you will need to add quite a few parts to convert to Remote. You can DL your owners manual from tohatsu.com.
View attachment 22943
Hi Paul, yes I do have the manual and the motor is set up fro remote. Thank you

Back