Logo

1998 johnson 115TSLECM

You have to be very , very careful if you decide to start adjusting things on these motors.-------Normally there is no adjustment required to these motors.------What is your motor doing / not doing ?------What trouble shooting have you done ?---Did problems if any develop suddenly.

well it started with water in 1 of the cylinders installed new head gaskets , had it running ok then took it to launch it wouldn't start checked wiring to starter and missed insulator and burned positive cable between starter , installed new cable new starter, new power pack, tested ignition coils , new spark plugs new spark plug wires pulled flywheel cleaned stator rebuilt carbs, got it back together, im able to start it up but wont idle or stay running and yes learning as i go adjusted cables timing linkage ,
i don't have a manual and was looking at timing but have no specs to go by
thanks in advance ballew

There are no idle mixture screws on the 2 carburetors.-----And you have done a lot of work on this motor.----Perhaps thrown a lot of things out of adjustment with trial and error.-----Hard for me to pinpoint what you need to do.----Factory manual suggested.------I own many motors including a motor ( 25 " shaft ) the same as yours.

hello any help would be greatly appreciated, I think I've narrowed my no start problem to fuel, I have spark to all 4 plugs
ive tested the fuel filter/pump disconnected it from head via 2 screws and pumped bubble it held pressure no leaks, tested primer solenoid good , even manually opened solenoid doesn't' appear to be any fuel getting to/ or /on sparkplugs

hello all i have been able to start engine the right side seems to be firing ok per spark plugs caramel color .............on the left side getting fire to plugs but no ignition all electrical tested ok ...... im thinking lack of fuel ........my question is how do the 2 carbs supply fuel?

Each carburetor bore supplies one cylinder.-----Top carburetor supplies top 2 cylinders.---Bottom carburetor supplies bottom 2 cylinders.----Post compression test numbers here.-----Orange / blue stripe wires from powerpack should be on top cylinders.

Before you get any deeper, get a manual or go to boatinfodotno (site won't let me post the address but I'm sure you know what I'm saying) and you can find your motor. Like Racerone said, you have probably thrown a lot of things out of adjustment. Don't go into this blindly. The manual will help you set up the carbs and linkage and it sounds like that is where you need to start.

Last edited:
hello quick question when wiring charge coil the 2 leads either white and black or yellow and yellow/brown going to power pack is there a possibility of reversal of the 2 and if so will it cause misfiring and / or 3 cylinders firing but not all four, I'm unable to find details from manual thanks in advance for help

also he 4 wires from power pack Orange / blue stripe ,,,,,orange/ green should be connected to cylinders 1 top and 3 bottom right side of motor me standing behind motor, and on left side top cylinder 2 orange/ purple and bottom left cylinder 4 orange/ pink is this correct? that's what I'm getting from manual

Back