Logo

Nissan 2011 Outboard NSF4C Gas in Oil pan

Chaple

Hi my Name is Mike I am new to this forum, I would appreciate any help. I just purchase a sail boat with 2011 Nissan outboard model NSF4C 4hp 4 stroke and found Gas in the Oil when was changing the Oil to get the boat Ready. What could cause this problem, I incline to belive it is an stock carb float, but not sure.

Thank you much for your help.

Hi Paul, Thank you for your quick reply. Motor doesn't want to start, it feel like it try to. I had replaced the carb, with a new one Upgrade to 6HP. New Fuel filter,
New spark plug,
clean the fuel lines, clean internal fuel tank, added new Gas. When I went to change the oil I found lot of Gas mixed with the Oil, in the oil pan. I ask the previous owner and he said the Motor was not winterized this winter, also that it has very few hours on it, motor look brand new to me.

I do Thank you for your help, I sending some pictures.

Nemo II Seaward Fox Rear.jpgSailBoat Nissan NSF4C outboard 2.jpgSailBoat Nissan NSF4C outboard 1.jpg It is an small sailboat 18 feet

Diagnose the motor to get it running, then check the rest. Remember that a wet plug is either flooding or no spark; dry is no fuel.

Thank you Paul, I did check for spark and it is OK. Will try to get it running as soon as I get the Oil. And let you know how it went. Buy the way in the carb there is two hoses side by side, you can see it in the pic. it look like they are not connected anywhere. In the carb diagram are reference by number 43, but it doesn't show where they go. Can you advice please.

Thank you Paul, I order the oil 10w - 30 marine grade from Amazon, it will be here by Tuesday. Take care of yourself and family in New York!
Regards, Mike.

Hi Paul, I test the outboard today, it started up in the 3th crank, I am very happy. Stopped using killer switch, crank it up, and perfect. Let it run for a while. stopped same thing. So the carb upgrade to 6hp works perfect! Thank you very much for your guidance, Stay safe.

Mike Chaple.

Back