Logo

Spark issue I can’t solve!!! HELP!!!

I initially thought it was the power pack as a whole side of my 81 Johnson 140 would have no spark. I would move the power pack to the opposite side and that side wouldn’t have spark. I replaced the power pack with a new one and still had the issue. I ended up today replacing the timing base and stator (they were used) and now I have spark on both sides but no spark on cylinder 1 and 4 (diagonal to eachother). What else could be the issue???

Explain in detail how you are testing this.------On a good system spark will jump a gap of 7/16" with ease, does it , yes or no or confused ?-----Have you taken the starter apart for inspection , yes or no ?----Have you had your battery load tested , yes or no ?----Battery cables and solenoid in good condition ?

I am pulling each plug wire off and seeing if it makes a difference in engine noise or if I see spark. And no I have not checked the starter or battery but the engine starts fine, half a click each time. It’s just running on two cylinders

It is your motor that is not running correctly.----Some basic trouble shooting needs to be done.-----Good luck with it.

Back