Logo

2004 mercury 150 efi 2cycle V6 fuel issue

Nitrobarry882

Good evening, any help will be greatly appreciated. I have a 2004 nitro 882 with a mercury 150 EFi motor. I purchased this boat about a month ago and have taken it out at least 15-20 times well last week I took it out and crossed this lake which had some pretty rough water so the boat took a nice beaten. Upon finally getting to the other side of the lake the motor started acting up. It started bogging down and losing power so I cut it off for about 30 minutes and started it back up. It ran great for about 5 minutes then slowly started losing power again until it would just idle at around 5 mph. I was a good distance from the launch so I had to keep doing this and troll a good way to get back to the launch. My question is does this sound like a fuel problem? I’m thinking I may have knocked some junk from the bottom of the tank and caused it to suck up some trash. This boat has ran great up until this point. Should I just change the fuel filter? I looked all over and couldn’t find any other secondary filters or water/fuel separator. Also I did a little reading and is the fuel filter that is on the motor also a fuel/water separator? This is the first boat I’ve owned in 15 years, still trying to learn it. Thanks for any help

Back