Logo

'91 Force 120 gets a lower unit, never done it before . . . Little help please.

live2hunt

First post!!
I got a used lower unit for my Force 120 (1991 according to model/serial numbers) Although it looks exactly alike and was said to be a replacement, their is a hose with a plug in the new one that is not on the old one and I don't know what it is or where it goes. And if my motor has no use for it, can I just "store it" in the unit? The first picture is of the old unit, and the others are of the new on with a close up pf the "hose".

IMG_0728.jpgIMG_0727.jpgIMG_0771.jpgIMG_0773.jpg

Mercury bought Force 1992 ( your unit could be a 94?) and started installing their parts on the motors and lower units.
They made some changes , compare the drives next to each other.
Try it and see if it works?

Model:1208F91C / Serial: 022619
I have found much info on the history of Force, and they look identical. Best part . . . one works! The original was not maintained properly by previous owner and water got in it and froze up. Bearings and such.

Model:1208F91C / Serial: 022619<br>I have found much info on the history of Force, and they look identical. Best part . . . one works! The original was not maintained properly by previous owner and water got in it and froze up. Bearings and such.

Model:1208F91C / Serial: 022619<br>I have found much info on the history of Force, and they look identical. Best part . . . one works! The original was not maintained properly by previous owner and water got in it and froze up. Bearings and such.

Back