Logo

Optimax Exaust tube

Slavin89

Hello guys
anybody say's if there is difference between Optima 135 and 150 Exaust tube?
On parts diagram seems that exaust tube on 135 is shorter thatn 150..what appened if I use 135 exaust tube on 150?

Best regards
Luca

Serial # of the 2 motors ?-----I looked the numbers up ( no charge ) and it appears part # is the same.----Easy for you to look up on this site.------Why would you need to change that part ??

Serial # of the 2 motors ?-----I looked the numbers up ( no charge ) and it appears part # is the same.----Easy for you to look up on this site.------Why would you need to change that part ??

Dear racerone
I've brake my cylinder block and I've found one that is good with it's ECU...block, ECU and certificate that I've bought is from 150 Optimax and I decide to use it as 150 instead of 135 but I've noted on part list that for 135 Exaust tube have code 879288T71 instead of 150 that is 812834A 2.
For this reason I want to say if using the 135 exaust tube instead of 150 may I have some problems

Most likely (assuming it fits) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Seriously.

Jeff

Most likely (assuming it fits) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Seriously.

Jeff

sorry...I don't understand..do you mean that there's no difference between two exaust tube or that I can't use 150 block on 135 exaust tube?

Don't know: what I'm saying is either one--IF they fit--will make little difference in the performance.

Jeff

On parts diagram seems that exaust tube on 135 is shorter thatn 150..what appened if I use 135 exaust tube on 150?
Should be vice -versa and yes the length will affect bottom and top end. If you want more HP and top end you use a shorter flared version, if you want bottom end you use a longer narrower model

Should be vice -versa and yes the length will affect bottom and top end. If you want more HP and top end you use a shorter flared version, if you want bottom end you use a longer narrower model

Thank you guys..it seems can be like you write..in effect on 135 optimax seems that everythink is studied to have more power at low rpm..gear ratio, ECU programming, except on exaust ..perhaps to recover some power on high rpm mercury dedice to use a shorter engine tube?

Back