Logo

BF150 loses electrical power when I turn left.

Dabster411

While docking when I turn to the full left position the motor cuts off. when I turn the motor back to center the electrical power is available again.

I'm assuming this is a fuel injected engine.

Are you positive you're losing ALL power? Or...is it possible that you're just losing ignition power or ground?

It's an important distinction and it is where I would start trying to solve the problem.

If it's complete power loss then the battery cables could be faulty and one is going open as it flexes during the turn.

If battery power is still available at, say, the starter motor or, anywhere else really while the fault occurs, then it's likely that the problem is going to be in the remote harness and is showing up as IT flexes on the turn.

You are correct, Fuel injected. I did some troubleshooting and found that it is the Starter cable. I can create the symptom by flicking the cable. It took some digging but found the guilty party.

I'm assuming this is a fuel injected engine.

Are you positive you're losing ALL power? Or...is it possible that you're just losing ignition power or ground?

It's an important distinction and it is where I would start trying to solve the problem.

If it's complete power loss then the battery cables could be faulty and one is going open as it flexes during the turn.

If battery power is still available at, say, the starter motor or, anywhere else really while the fault occurs, then it's likely that the problem is going to be in the remote harness and is showing up as IT flexes on the turn.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Ok! Ya GOT IT!
EZ fix!
Good going.

I believe that cable comes straight off the battery unless you have a battery isolator or 1-2-both switch.

If so, I would recommend that you also consider replacing the negative cable as well since it is equally important to the system and has just as many flex cycles on it as the positive does. You know, while you're in there....

Your call but let us know how you make out.

Good luck.

Back