Logo

1988 Alpha 1 trim manifold leaking water.

Surerock

I have a 1988 Alpha 1 the trim manifold has a plastic piece bolted to the bottom of it with two wires going to it, it has a o-ring. What is it called and how can I replace it? Any help appreciated. I tried to post a pic, but will not upload. Thanks!

That block is part of the mercathode system, from inside the boat cut the wires, from outside remove the 2 nuts/ bolts and pull down, there are 2 gaskets, 1 under the hyd connection plate and 1 under the mercathode
Those areas almost never just leak, are you sure its from there?

That block is part of the mercathode system, from inside the boat cut the wires, from outside remove the 2 nuts/ bolts and pull down, there are 2 gaskets, 1 under the hyd connection plate and 1 under the mercathode
Those areas almost never just leak, are you sure its from there?

After further investigation found it is coming from loose transom. The bolts loose on one side I will pull the motor and redo the transom don't think there is any rot.

After further investigation leak is coming from transom. One of the bolts is loose. i don't think there is any rot, but who knows till I get in there. Thanks for your response.

Back