Logo

2004 Nissan 40 TLDI

Jessewalter

Hello i have a 2004 nissan 40 Tldi. I just got it. I checked all fluids and put new gas in it. The previous owner told me it ran fine when parked 3 years ago. It also had a new water pump put in 3 years ago with less than 1 hour on new pump.

I hooked water too it and started it. It fired right up water peed out good and it ran 30 seconds and the air compressor locked up and killed engine. I took air compressor apart and found piston seized tight in cylinder. It was dry of oil. I ordered a new cylinder and piston rod and rings. I oiled it up with oil good and put it back together. How do i check to make sure the oil pump is oiling it before i try to start it again. The parts to fix it the first time were $230 and i am scared to start it not knowing if its going to oil. What should i do ??? Thanks

Assuming you have an NSD40B. Year is irrelevant, but model is critical. You can DL your owners manual for free from the mfg website. You must prime the oiling system before initial startup, purging all air. The compressor should get a drip from the oiling system. Full info is in the Factory service manual, available from any dealer, including me.

Back