Logo

Default 1991 Johnson 25hp Photos needed

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone had some pictures of the shift linkage on the engine of a 1991 Johnson 25hp. I have the rod that goes from the selector handle but need a photo of how the rods all connect. I had to take this apart and of course didn't take a good photo. The diagrams aren't very helpful. Basically looking to see how the small rod connects. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: 1991 Johnson 25hp Photos needed

Quote Originally Posted by 1967Dart440GT View Post
    Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone had some pictures of the shift linkage on the engine of a 1991 Johnson 25hp. I have the rod that goes from the selector handle but need a photo of how the rods all connect. I had to take this apart and of course didn't take a good photo. The diagrams aren't very helpful. Basically looking to see how the small rod connects. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
    This would be the small actuator shaft. I just need to know where it hooks up. Thanks.

Are you talking about the little 3" or so shaft that goes into the lower unit?

Can you point it out on a parts breakdown for us?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Are you talking about the little 3" or so shaft that goes into the lower unit?

Can you point it out on a parts breakdown for us?
    I actually got this all figured out. I replaced all of the seals in this motor. I was wondering if it is normal when opening the throttle all the way and then releasing it that the throttle does not close fully? Seems to me that it is a bit sticky. When I release the throttle I have to manually crank it back to get the throttle to fully close. It does however close say 90 percent on its own. I believe this is more in the gold armature linkage under the flywheel. Has anyone experienced this?

The throttle handle has been disassembled and greased as well as the throttle cable.

When the motor is running it will naturally help rotate the stator plate and/or timing trigger clockwise to slow the engine.
    Last edited by timguy; 03-31-2020 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Typo