Logo

Help needed

larry58v

I have just purchased a Chrysler 16 foot with a 105 Chrysler engine. The engine was partly disassembled by the previous owner and it is missing the thermostat cover. Does anyone know where I can find an early model thermostat cover for this engine?, the model number is 10573 and the serial number is 2418. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Your location ?-------E-BAY is a good source for items like that.----And I think you will find that the 3 cylinder 75 HP had the same cover.-----Might even have one here if you are not too far away.

Last edited:
The older models might have the cover integrated into the head???
A pic can help.
You'll need 5 posts to add pics or use a photo sharing site.

IF?? yours is the small cover the motor could be newer? Look for the foundry stamp described in the other post???

Being as the motor is so old, "could be" the head, block, cover has been changed and the actual# isn't right??? :)

Last edited:
I am in Nampa Idaho, that us just 14 miles west of Boise. I will send you a photo of the top of the head if you can send me a email or other method of contacting you.
I understand that I am not allowed to post photo's to this site. I will post my email if that helps>
[email protected]
Thank you for you help.

Way to go, the previous boat owner just contacted me, he found the missing engine part.. I am much relieved,
Next issue is getting the fuel tank empty and cleaned up so when I get the engine repaired the system is ready.
These units use 50-1 mixture correct?

Glad you got the part!!!

Yes 50-1
When emptying the tank, don't use a vacuum.

After that, install a water separating fuel filter.
Then a small particle filter between the carb and the pump.
Fram G-2 G-3 G-12 will work.

Back