Logo

BF130AX 1998~ prop shaft no good?

Agh....

I think I finally found why I keep getting water in my gearbox, the prop shaft is scratched quite badly where the seals run, not only are they visible but I can feel them when I run my finger along them.

The dated parts manual I have gives part number 41161-ZW5-000 but states its superseded, does anybody know the new part number?

Failing that, has anybody ever had one repaired?

Hope you can help
shaft.jpg

41161 ZW5 010. I would be tempted to try a speedy sleeve or have it metal sprayed and machined back to standard. Another option would be to find a seal with the same outside diameter and width but 1mm smaller inside and have the seal area machined down to match.

Thanks for the part number, I'm waiting for my local marina to get back to me with a price, I'm in the uk and struggling to find one online over here but I can get one shipped over from partspak at $300 but it will take 3 weeks to get here.
Hopefully my local marina isn't to expensive but that would be a first, we seem to have to pay a heck of a lot more for outboard parts in the uk.

Just looked into the metal spraying option and its £163 which is about $200, think this is my preferred option if new is too expensive.

Did it show a leak there when the gearcase was pressure tested ?
No, but when I pressure tested the gearcase it was after I had replaced the old seals in August last year. Unfortunately I didn't pressure test it again this year before starting to strip it, I assumed it must be a faulty bearing do to it only getting water back in after it had been run.

Back