Logo

Honda BF90A Tilt/ Trim

Jrob

My tilt/ trim motor will not raise. The trim does a little, but the tilt does not at all.
The motor "whines" like it wants to come up and down as normal. It just doesn't.
I had a guy look at it and he said I needed a "V body" (at least that is what I think he said). He said they are around $2000 new and about $500 to rebuild.
The tilt/ trim was doing this last year also. Last week I filled the reservoir and bled it. It made no difference.

Any help or information you can give me will be much appreciated (part #'s, other parts to consider, etc.). Thanks in advance.

Check your manual release valve, if it isn't loose remove the circlip stop and then remove the valve and check the o ring on the valve for damage. If damaged you can either find a generic o ring or replace the complete valve.https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...-bbbl-4200001-to-bbbl-4299999/power-trim-tilt
Check items 29 and 30. I see the valve is no longer available. If it is damaged then you will have no option other than to replace the complete valve body (item 8) since they are not worth trying to repair. Hopefully if you release it and re tighten you will fix the issue.

Back