Logo

Oil mix

Usually lots of different opinions on this.-----If you want that motor to last you would run at 16:1.----Opinions and an understanding how oil " works " in a 2 stroke vary wildly !

Hello All
Just joined and have a question about 1956 Evinrude 7.5 hp 7520. I'm assuming it's not good to run on ethanol, but would like a pro to concur. I was giving this motor by a customer of 20 years who's husband passed. The motor looks in amazing shape and has had very little use over it's lifespan. It is as clean as new, but I'm sure it needs new "rubber" everything. Dry rot has taken its toll. The pressure gas tank actually still hold pressure, but I'm concerned about using ethanol since that wasn't around back then, and I'm planning on using 24-1 ration.

Never ever use ethanol. Trust me, please. It will destroy your mint little motor. I have lots of the 3, 5.5, 7.5, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18's. Run em all on non oxy and 100:1 Amsoil mixed at between 64:1 and 50:1. The whole group is used in rotation and I've had some of them for 50 years. Using Amsoil since the late 1970's in all of them. Haven't hurt one yet and I know I never will. Trust me....I "walk the talk".

Last edited:
Back