Logo

Nissan 140 HP Help

Camerondecks

motor1.jpgView attachment 22768
Hoping I can find someone able to identify this engine year and model number possibly.
Just bought a 96 catamaran cruiser with this engine, previous owner has not used the boat in a few years and I know less than he did about it. It will not run, he mentioned something along the lines of some type of computer needing replacement on it?
Any info appreciated.

Last edited:
NS140A or A2. Made between 1992 and 2003. There should be a sticker on it with serial. Year is irrelevant; Model is everything. There is no computer; just a simple CD. Get your Factory service manual out and start troubleshooting. Fuel system is more likely at fault than ignition.

I will have to go down this week and take a look. I'm very unfamiliar with outboard engines, especially 2 strokes. This particular engine has an external fuel tank mounted on the back of the boat, I'm guessing it does not auto mix and oil has to be added into the fuel tank?

There is an oil tank inside the engine cowl. That's the PLUS... auto mixing. Use TCW-3 oil. Access the tank from the small forward "hatch" on top of the cowl. DL your owners manual from nissanmarine.com for info on filling, etc.

Back