Logo

1996 force 75 lower unit

Mikesouth

I have a 1996 force 75hp with bad gears in the lower unit. my model is an OE193756. Will SEI gear set 18-2221 work in this unit? Or what other models can I look into for parts? Many thanks for any assistance here.

Those gears appear to fit JOHNSON / EVINRUDE motors.-----How did you come up with the part # and the idea that they might fit your motor ?

Mercury owns Force, in 1995 they started using their lower units and ignition systems.
The older Force some will fit.
The gears come in sets, forward and the reverse is sold separate. Both are about 275$ each.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.boats.net/catalog/mercury/outboard-by-year/force-outboard/1996/0e138600-thru-0e202999-75hp/gear-housing-assembly Open this link and find the spot where the tab is for showing what other units will work.[/FONT]

Thanks Jerry and racerone. I'm hoping to locate a good used unit for parts. Most that I find have adifferent shiftstyle. My t linkage moves vertically where all others I'm finding twist. I'm hoping the hearing is the same to replace mine with there gears.

I have found a 1988 force 80 hp. Would the hearing be the same in this unit. I ran the model number in mercury outboard parts by ser number and they had the same p/n

If you click on the part# I gave you.
Then go to the bottom right on the page.
It's called the "related fitment"
That gives you all the other parts that will cross and you can use.

I didn't see the 88 80 in there.
I also know they didn't make an 80hp in that year?? 50/85/125

The 88/85hp front gear 818062A3
96/75hp
819050T1
Not a match.

The older motors are a completely different size (bigger)and ain't gonna fit :(

You'll find the 70 gear set is pretty much a lone wolf and nothing but the original will fit.
Like I suggested go to the "fitment" link and see.
Look around the US and find a donor or bite the bullet and get the gear set $275 that's just for the forward.
If the reverse is bad? it's another $275

The Sierra part #s you listed. Won't fit either.
The prop shaft is probably a different size.

Last edited:
Back