Logo

honda 135 hp gives cooling alarm

Nicolasdc

Dear,

I am new on the forum and my englisch is not so good :)
I have a problem with my honda outboard 135 hp motor.

when i start my motor i get an alarm after 1 minute (verry fast ...) cooling alarm.

I changed my impeller, gaskits, 2 new thermostats ...
I did a checkup of my sensors --> all ok.

(he has enough water i had the alarm in the sea and on land and thermostats goes open)

Problem not solved

anyone been there?
Suggestions?

Kind regard

:cool:

With the boat in the water, remove the black plastic thermostat housing and both thermostats. Start the engine and wait about 10 seconds, the water should be coming out of the thermostat holes. If no water ,you have something plugged. If you have water coming up ,there are 4 temperature sensors, make sure you check them all.If you have a steady beep and no light coming on , you might have water in the small water separator triggering an alarm.

Rapid alarm soon after start up is water in fuel, not over heat. Check your water separator and then the water catch bowl on the engine as well as the fuel filter

Thanks a lot jimmy for your reaction,

i already removed the thermostats, water was coming out, also with both (50c-60c)thermostats you see water coming. I searched without a book for the sensors and i noticed that my sensor that gives my °C to the front is an oil temperature sensor. Ichecked with my laser temp gun on the block but it was simular (the same). What i did found is that i took one of the two sensors close to the thermostat and i make a bridge. Put him back on place and alarm gone. Shutting the motor off , turning on again --> alarm short beeps en after few second alarm continous. Waterseparator is ok no water in.

I hope that the thermostats are on the good place.

If you look from the boat to the motor the first thermostat you see is 60 °C en behind 50 °C is that correct? It was like this when i bought it. Maybe the °C arent good or the place?

Kind regards

I am looking in the Honda shop manual,when you are standing in the boat, the first thermostat in front ,towards you, just next to the engine hanger is the 50 degrees two grooves. The one towards the rear is the 60 degrees three grooves . Jimmy

Back