Logo

Coupler - Engineered Marine Products

Mark S.

Contributing Member
I had my coupler replaced a few years ago on my 2002 5.0 MPI, Alpha 2. Recently I was looking over my work order and decided I would Google the part number (93-93203) and it comes up "Engineered Marine Products". I have never heard this manufacturer mentioned on any of these forums. Can anyone attest to the quality of their products? No current issues with it, just curious.

Never used them as I prefer OEM merc but I’ve seen many listings on eBay and webpages listing manufacture as EMP. On a coupler I wouldn’t save a few bucks on a coupler if you’re paying to have the work done. Seems like it works ok for you or is there an issue that prompted you to look at it.

The work was done in March of 2018. I did not specify to the repair shop that I wanted OEM (my mistake...or I guess I'll see as time goes on). During winterization this past fall, from close observation in the back of the boat, I thought I could see a wobble in the coupler. I pulled the OD this winter to get a look at things. I got a good look at the splines with an inspection scope and was pleased to see they looked perfect after two seasons (110 hours). Checked alignment, all looked good. So maybe I've dodged the bullet for now. I'll keep it greased and aligned and do my OD pulls regularly and hopefully I'll get many seasons out of it. Just posted because I had always heard of Sierra, GLM, etc. but never EMP as an aftermarket supplier. Thanks for the reply.

Back