Logo

Complete impeller and bellow kit for my Mercruiser 1.7 alpha one gen two

Bigdrago

Hello. I have noticed that impeller and bellow kit are cheaper on ebay and Amazon than in my country. I also noticed the kits are different even if they are for the same engine, I have never opened my engine before so I dont know what I need.

I have a Mercruiser 1.7 dti alpha one gen two engine (boat is Uttern D55 from 2006).

What I need is:
- Complete impeller kit
- Complete bellow kit with perm-lube transom bearing
(how to remove the old bearing with cheap tools?)

Anyone could help me push me to the right direction?:)

Ayuh,..... The impeller, 'n bellows are Drive parts,......

Which motor, don't matter,.....

An Alpha 1, Gen.II is what you need to go by,....

Would recommend you get OEM mercruiser parts as they tend to last longer than aftermarket for these two items. Not only eBay and amazon offer them but our host site here sells the too.

if you can get a big slide hammer (5-10 pound) goes inside the bearing inner race use the hammer to pull it out.this is the best way.

Also used a long threaded rod, big washers, and block of wood. the washers and nut on end of threaded rod that fit inside ID of bearing, you can slide it down to hook the bearing, use a block of wood across bellhousing where drive bolts in with nut and washer to pull against this. While pulling the washer can slip off the bearing inner race so you have to pull a little bit, reset it etc. it’s a pain but it works for like $10. Just bring some beer �� cause it will take a while

Punch it back in with a wooden dowl (be even and drive only against outer race)or 3”/76 mm od plastic pipe that fits outer race.

Back