Logo

mercruiser vessel view install

GMcG

I have a Cummins QSD 2.8 ES diesel with a 21 pin helm link plug on the engine that came with a vessel view 2.0 engine management with a 14 pin helm link wiring harness . I have to adapt the 21 pin plug on the engine to the 14 pin system. Is there an adapter or standard way to do this? So far I cannot get any info on this from an extensive internet search so any hints are greatly appreciated.

Ok.... The Cummins engine transmits J1939 codes that the vessel view can interpret into actual info you can read on your screen.

Assuming you have an older Vessel View 4 or 5 you will need just the adapter harness. You will have to call Mercruisers Customer Service Line and get Arnie, and only Arnie, on the phone. He will be able to help you with locating that harness and what ever else you need.

(920) 929-5040

Ok.... The Cummins engine transmits J1939 codes that the vessel view can interpret into actual info you can read on your screen.

Assuming you have an older Vessel View 4 or 5 you will need just the adapter harness. You will have to call Mercruisers Customer Service Line and get Arnie, and only Arnie, on the phone. He will be able to help you with locating that harness and what ever else you need.

(920) 929-5040

Thanks for the tip I'm on it.

Back