Logo

No feul to bottom carb on 08 Yamaha 2 stroke

Littleton

Went to lake Ann boat wouldn't open up. Would only go about 8 mph. Came home changed gas, feul/water seperater filter, and spark plugs. Went back to lake boat got up to about 20/25 mph. Took cover off of the carbs and realized there is feul squirting in top two carbs but not the bottom. Any ideas.

Clean the carb. Float is probably stuck.
Don't use carb soaks, it can damage any plastic that might be there.
I use the cheap carb/brake cleaner from WallyWorld.

Ok thanks Jerry I did use some Sea foam in the carb but not a whole lot. I always put Sea foam in the gas tank when it's empty and I fill up to help preserve the gas, I was told to do this by our local marina. I always mix it half the ratio that the can says to. Is this ok or do I need to use a different type of fuel stabilizer. Also when I park my boat in the shop should I leave the motor trimmed up like I'm towing or should I leave it trimmed down.

I think he is telling you to remove the carb, take it apart and clean it.

You cannot just add a magic chemical to your fuel to accomplish this.

If you do not want to pull your carb and continue to put chemicals through your engine don't worry the problem with your carb will become minor.

This is a simple job.

I think he is telling you to remove the carb, take it apart and clean it.

You cannot just add a magic chemical to your fuel to accomplish this.

If you do not want to pull your carb and continue to put chemicals through your engine don't worry the problem with your carb will become minor.

This is a simple job.

Thanks for everyone's help I have Removed the carb took bowl off and it was very clean I squirted some cleaner thru the hole the gas line connected to and put back together and everything is running smoothly must have had a peice of dirt in it or something again thanks for everyone's help

Back