Logo

Compression lock 15hp 4 stroke

Barry H

Hi..can anybody help me with my 1998 15 hp 4stroke? IT wa serviced about 12mths ago and I haven't tried to use it until recently. It now has compression lock when I try to start it. It is a manual pull start. I have checked the oil level and it is ok. Pulled out the spark plugs and turened it over several times, still has compression lock!!
Thanks for any replies.
Barry

so it spins over fine with the plugs removed but you can't spin it over when the plugs are re-installed?

If so, I'd check to make sure the correct plugs were used...

so it spins over fine with the plugs removed but you can't spin it over when the plugs are re-installed?

If so, I'd check to make sure the correct plugs were used...
The plugs are the correct ones. It will turn over but only with great effort when the pistons hit compression

Was it stored in the normal running position ?----I suspect there is still too much oil in the cylinders.-----Remove sparkplugs.-----Point sparkplug holes down and see if oil drains out.

Was it stored in the normal running position ?----I suspect there is still too much oil in the cylinders.-----Remove sparkplugs.-----Point sparkplug holes down and see if oil drains out.
Good point...yes was left in running position, have removed spark plugs and tilted the motor..will see what it is like tomorrow...Thanks

Back