Logo

Pre-97 BF100 screw set A

daver_nz

Hi, I’ve been dealing with a carb issue for a while. After cleaning it about 5 times, I got it running great (thanks to a post by hondadude). Unfortunately the last time I put the carb back together I’ve put one of the screws back in wrong (the one at the rear of the carb with a small pin in the end) and the pin has broken off.

The part number is 16016-881-003, which after much searching appears to be a discontinued part which no one has available. Some site suggest 16016-881-505 will work, but of course that appears discontinued as well...

Short of having to go and buy a new carb of eBay, I thought I’d check here first in case there was a replacement for the replacement part available that anyone was aware of.

thanks.

Hi,
Not sure if this will work but you might want to give it a go before tossing out your old carb.

It's the same main carb body...not sure if the link to the parts page will work but I found it on boats.net

Part# 16016-ZV1-E01 screw set. Available for $6.68 + shipping (I assume).

Honda BF8A6 LA 2006 CARBURETOR Diagram...(it didn't work)

It's listed under a BF8A6 LA 2006 model.

Even though it's for an 8 I don't believe the idle circuit will be any different from the 10. Might want to try that before rolling the dice and BIGGER$$$ on an Ebay acquisition.

Good luck

Last edited:
Yes, i have high hopes that it works because I will probably be faced with the same issue ....trying to source parts for old outboards I have lying around.
Although....if I wait too long, there's a really good chance Honda will stop supporting some of the 2000 year models. I'm pretty sure they have regretted making those old pre 97's so good. It seems they will NEVER go away! But lack of parts will surely thin the herd.

Good luck!

If I was faced with such a " dilemma "-----I would look at the old , broken screw.----Then go to the hardware store.-----Buy a similar screw for 24 cents and file / fit to make it work.

Back