Logo

Marine carpet corner trim?

nevadany

Hi,
I am looking at a welded aluminum fish & ski type boat that is overall in good shape, but the carpeted interior in the bow area has significant wear and tear at the edges. I don't really want to jump in and replace all the carpet, so i' looking for a "patch"...

I am looking for a marine grade 'L' shaped corner piece (approx. 1"x1"), made of flexible UV resistant vinyl that can be had in a grey or tan color. Either pre drilled holes or solid, doesn't matter So far, I am not having any luck, I am hoping that someone here might have a lead or possibly an alternative idea.

Thanks,
DW

g2aC3LQ.jpg

Ayuh,...... 1" aluminum angle comes to mind,.....

Should be available at better metal supply shops,......

Ayuh,...... 1" aluminum angle comes to mind,.....

Should be available at better metal supply shops,......

Yes, I've thought of aluminum angle... there's actually a company that makes an aluminum edging that is bendable, or so they say. However I'm hoping to find something that will be a softer edge. I'll keep looking for solutions before going the aluminum route. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

DW

I think any flexible plastic will wear out in short order....if you want something more durable, TACO makes some UV stable edge moldings that may work. a heat gun may help with the contours...won't hurt to call and ask them.

Replacing the carpet is really the best approach....and a change in operating habits could make the new carpet last a long time...

Back