Logo

2005 40 EFI 4 stroke issues (HELP!)

bman440440

I recently bought a RIB with this engine and it runs great aside for a couple of annoying issues... 1st I replaced the throttle and shift cables with ---->SeaStar CCX179xx XTREME Mercury 600A Type Control Cable and I'm having a problem getting it into neutral from forward or reverse after throttling up... what happens is when I pull back on the throttle to just before neutral it takes a second or two before the rpm's drop that last little bit (about 2-300 RPMS) before it will easily slide into neutral... the same thing happens in forward or reverse... as well as it doesn't seem to have much in the way of reverse power... the rpm's only come up to maybe 1600.... in forward I seem to get WOT so I'm at a loss.

2nd issue is (what I think is a RPM limit alarm) if I try to go more than about 3/4 throttle in forward after I'm on plane... I get a buzzer form control box... the control box is a mercury 881170A13 and does anyone have the wiring diagram for the extra wires shown circled in red and what the connector shown circled in blue is for?? I have a tac on the dash but it is not hooked up to anything and would like to get it going.

image_324734.jpg

Back