Logo

Honda BF225 Top Cover Kit

tompass

Contributing Member
Anyone have any idea how to replace this part on my cover? Any help would be appreciated

OkGVRXI7vzi2TmeidhrgfL6j8FZ3J0NZymv8xZu XtZo7bZzI8eo6ZmQrFKXm wmii5bn8nQPfP3P ARcnAGednhAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Anyone have any idea how to replace this part on my cover? Any help would be appreciated

OkGVRXI7vzi2TmeidhrgfL6j8FZ3J0NZymv8xZu XtZo7bZzI8eo6ZmQrFKXm wmii5bn8nQPfP3P ARcnAGednhAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I know that there is a rivet and screw holding that piece in place but question is do I just snip the rivet from underneath? There is also some "glob" of what looks like plastic on bottom of both rivet and what I think is the screw.

Here is pic of the underside of the top cover piece. 5 what look like to be some kind of rivets. Any suggestion how they are used in the mounting process?

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpg
    IMG_1938.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 29
For those of you who at some point need to replace that part, turned out to be very easy. Can be done in 1/2 hour.

For those of you who at some point need to replace that part, turned out to be very easy. Can be done in 1/2 hour.
Hello tompass, can you tell me how to replace the top cover on a BF225. Mine looks just like yours. I have a 2003 Honda. I have located the parts but have not ordered them. I can’t figure out how to Remove the old cover that is broken. I see the black goop underneath….where I think rivets are hiding. Honda customer service was not helpful in giving instructions on how to replace. I was hoping you could help get me started. Thank you.

Back