Logo

No fuel to cylinders, 1997 200efi

basshunter9239

So I have a 1997 Mercury 200 EFI. I had a intermittent alarm going off. While on the last the last time it started fine. Then the next time it cranked and cranked but finally started. Then the third time it crank and cranked and cranked . It would start and run for about 10-20 seconds then quit. It won’t fire up none now. I sent the EFI computer box off and it came back bad. I installed a new Brocota power box. I still have no fuel to any cylinder.

The pressure regulator. They don't usually go bad but they can.
But it sounds like the high pressure pump is bad.
Or there's water in the fuel????
Pull the filter and pour it into a glass jar and check for water.

I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to the port coming out of the vst. Cranked it over for a few seconds. No pressure at all. I also put a multimeter on the positive and negative terminals coming out of vst from the fuel pump turn key on and nothing. I have a brocota ecu now and I know the tps is deleted. But I not getting any fuel pump sound when I turn the key on.

Either no ground from ECU or no 12v. Should have 12v+ on red terminal all the time, if so take a jumper to grnd of fuel pump. If it runs it not grounded or wiring issue to pump.

Think I found the problem. Connector from wire harness to ecu is not making a firm connecting. I tighten up as much as possible. Still a thread showing and the connector is still lose. It’s not making good contact. Called brocota and they are working with me on issue. Looks like wrong ecu connector

Back