Logo
Click for Suzuki Manuals, Parts and Model Guides!

Default motor doesnt start

my batteries went dead on my 2003 dt225 after I charged them the motor wont start though it mite be bad batteries so I changed them still no start its like there is no spark a little help on where to start checking would like to be ready for spring thank you to any one who can help

Default Re: motor doesnt start

If there is a short somewhere that is draining your batteries it could also be killing the power to your coils or magneto causing a no spark condition. I'd start there.

Ideally you should install a battery switch, it is the easiest way to cut all power to prevent your batteries from draining. I would start off by checking for corrosion on your terminals and leads. Make sure your kill switch is operational. Did you winterize the motor? When you turn the key, can you hear the EFI working?

Quote Originally Posted by deejaycee_2001 View Post
    Ideally you should install a battery switch, it is the easiest way to cut all power to prevent your batteries from draining. I would start off by checking for corrosion on your terminals and leads. Make sure your kill switch is operational. Did you winterize the motor? When you turn the key, can you hear the EFI working?
    it all stared when I left the bilge pump on it killed the battery's all grounds are good battery's are fully charged now there is no spark all fuses are good don't know were to go next

Make sure your kill switch is operational. Did you winterize the motor? When you turn the key, can you hear the EFI working?

Quote Originally Posted by deejaycee_2001 View Post
    Make sure your kill switch is operational. Did you winterize the motor? When you turn the key, can you hear the EFI working?
    kill switch work fine no I didn't winterize it and efi works fine just no spark it all happen after the batterys went dead