Logo

1987 25hp Evenrude points location

Probably gonna need a water pump impeller if it hasn't been replaced by now too. But DON'T expect the replacement to last 33 years.......they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:
How did the old impeller look? Think it was original? Twins 30's in my avatar still have originals, but one of the motors got stolen from the storage unit years ago. But the other one is original as well as my twin 25's. They are even older. That early rubber was top notch, this new stuff is plastic/synthetic/rubber.....10 year max.....garbage when compared to impellers manufactured up to about the early 90's. My air hoses which I have in my shop are ones I bought USED in 1974 from a body shop that sold out....the guy retired. These hoses are used continuously.....every year for cleaning, air tools, painting, everything in the shop. I have purchased new hoses for up at the cabin and to extend onto the old hoses when I work far away from the compressor, they are complete crap. WTF?

Last edited:
It's pretty sad.....but so very true. If I make it another 20 years I'm gonna be fighting all the way, that's just not how I was raised. I'll probably look back and say "now where did I go wrong"? "Shoulda just kissed up and followed the rest".

Back